Hearts & MindsSM - Information for ChangeSM
How It Helps
Personal Note from Our President
More Info for Donors
It's easy to donate now
Together, we can help millions
of people create a more sustainable and more just world.
The biggest issue of all
Toward this goal, Hearts & Minds works
on many important issues, including poverty, racism, addictions, and the environment.
importantly, Hearts & Minds
tackles an even bigger issue behind all the other ones; one that involves
millions of people who are apathetic, cynical, or unaware. Helping
these people realize how much they can contribute to the pressing
needs in our communities and world.
Getting them involved can contribute greatly to the achievement of our goal.
The power of communication
Each day, Hearts & Minds reaches more than
6,500 people in New York City, nationwide in the USA and around the world. Through our large and
growing website, publicity campaigns and upcoming printed publications, we're working to
reach millions more people and motivate them to get actively involved.
works. In America, people are moved by what they read, hear and see.
than $276 billion was spent on advertising in 2005* and sophisticated corporations can
spend more than $100 million advertising a single product.
advertising expenditures by companies and individuals in the USA. Source: Robert Coen's
Universal McCann's Insider's Report-December 2005
Hearts & Minds staff
and volunteers have worked on many successful campaigns. Our skills in advertising,
publicity, marketing, non-profit and business management have helped motivate people in
many ways to make a difference.
And this may
be the most important campaign of our lives...
message: Each individual has untapped power to make things better. For
growing numbers of people, Hearts & Minds shows effective ways to do so.
Promoting dialogue, tolerance and understanding
With journalism and creativity, we educate,
inspire, and involve. We encourage people to think deeply about their role in solving
problems and promoting inquiry, discussion and involvement as the keys to positive change.
Instead of "us vs.
them," we work to bring people together - exploring what can be done by our elected
representatives, nonprofits, congregations, communities, and individuals.
- Coverage of poverty, the environment, democracy, addictions, and
other important issues
- Information on more than 600 effective organizations addressing the
- Ways to make volunteering and donations more fulfilling and effective
- Methods to preserve and revitalize our democracy
- More than 300 sources of help for a wide range of physical and
website provides resources, links, and practical advice on how people can get
involved in a wide range of issues.
- Total visitors to site so far is over 7,000,000
- More than 18,000 web pages
- Total web pages downloaded by visitors is over
- Being translated into 10 other languages, reaching people all over
- Links to more than 900 other organizations
A wide range of communications
We are adding:
- More issues and organizations to our website
- Electronic bulletin boards and chat rooms to facilitate sharing ideas
and dialogue on a wide range of issues
- Nationwide publicity efforts to reach millions of people
- Printed publications
Our long term goals:
- Expand coverage of each issue
- List and evaluate more ways to get involved
- Provide more volunteering information for NYC, each region of the USA
- Distribute self-help resources and information to those in need
What we will need:
- Internet capacity for the growing volume of visitors to our website
- Additional, paid staff to expand services (we are currently all
- A larger office
- More computers, office equipment and supplies
Summary - in human terms
Our coverage moves people to action. This
helps feed the hungry, house the homeless, protect our environment, revitalize our
democracy, and address many other issues facing our communities and society.
With your help we can
accomplish so much more. It's easy to donate now. Thanks,
A small amount goes a long way
Our Staff and Volunteers
Our governing board has extensive experience
in nonprofit and business management, marketing and communications. All governing board
members serve without compensation.
Our volunteers provide a
wide range of additional expertise in marketing, advertising, publicity, non-profit and
business management, writing, photography, illustration, design, the Internet, computers
How we increase our efficiency
Hearts & Minds uses donated goods and
services whenever practical. For all our other necessities, we strive for the best price.
We work as efficiently as
possible - so your donations go further.
& Minds Network is incorporated in New York State as a charitable, public-service
not-for-profit. Donations are tax deductible, as recognized by IRS 501(c)(3).
It's easy to donate now. Thanks.
We work to help you
increase your positive impact in the world. Our mission is to inspire, inform and empower
millions of people.
Your support helps Hearts & Minds:
- Address important issues facing our communities and society
- Provide information on where and how to volunteer more effectively
- Promote effective contributions to charities
- Increase donations and volunteering for many worthwhile organizations
- Help more than 5,000 people each day find greater fulfillment through
increasingly valuable contributions to society
- Publicize resources for people with a wide range of psychological and
- Allow the formerly homeless and others to communicate their
experiences- humanizing the problems and inspiring others to take action.
Members receive all the following:
- Free copies of upcoming Hearts & Minds printed publications,
including inspiring articles and practical information that make your donations and
volunteering more effective
- Members-only events
- Monthly e-mails of our Joy of Change newsletter and information on
- The satisfaction of helping hundreds of thousands of people
All these include
membership, free copies of Hearts & Minds printed publications and other benefits.
Sponsor $ 500
Student/Low Income $15
*For donations made in
a calendar year.
It's easy to donate on-line now. Thanks.
To reply by mail:
Please detach and keep this portion for your records. Amount given:
$__________ on ___/___ /200__. Pledged to give a total of $__________ by December
Donation Hearts & Minds Network helps people help
themselves and others. To support this work, I wish to give: $_________ now
and pledge to give a total of $__________ by December 31, 200__.
Please do not send cash. Make checks payable to Hearts and Minds Network, Inc.
Additional Ways to
Support Hearts & Minds
Please contact me with information on how I can help. (Check any you are interested in.):
___ Writing, editing, or
designing Hearts & Minds website and/or printed publications
___ Fund raising ___ Marketing
___ Legal advice
___ Accounting or
___ Other ________________________________________
Please give us your phone number: (|_|_|_|)|_|_|_|-|_|_|_|_|
Street ___________________________ Apt. |_|_|_|_|
City _______________________ State |_|_| Zip Code |_|_|_|_|_|
It's easy to donate
online now. Thanks.
For more info:
Hearts & Minds Network
165 W. 105th Street
New York, New York 10025
Hearts & Minds may provide your
address to other companies and organizations that could interest you. Check here if you do
not want to be included: |_|
Thanks for helping us
To shorter version
Personal Note from Our President
More Info for Donors
It's easy to donate now
Contents of This Section
Top of Page | Home Page
| Site Guide | Membership
This web page and entire website © Copyright: 1997 - 2015 by Hearts and Minds Network, Inc.
Hearts & Minds' website
statistics include through January 17, 2008, latest text changes April 21,