Who We Are
- Hearts & Minds was founded in 1996 to address vital
social issues by using mass communication effectively.
Hearts & Minds website is a leading
online resource that inspires, motivates, educates and connects people with information to help themselves and others.
Please note: Many of the stats on
this page are
now substantially higher and will be updated:
- The website has more than 600 of web pages with direct links
and reviews of more
than 900 other public service organizations. This continues to grow as new pages and links
- Each day, an average of more than 9,300 of visitors download more than
pages from the Hearts & Minds website.
- An estimated 80 percent of these visitors view the website's Inspiration
for ChangeSM pages, making it the most popular section in the website.
- Thirty percent of the website's traffic is international, with visitors from Afghanistan to
Zimbabwe and nearly every nation on earth.
- Since going online in 1997, more than 13.6 million people have visited
the website and downloaded over 50 million inspiring and helpful articles from the website.
How We Do Our Work
- Since we are all-volunteer, the number of volunteers varies. This
typically varies from 3 - 30 volunteers at a time in the the Hearts & Minds office.
- More than 550 individuals made an ongoing commitment of their time to Hearts &
Minds since it was founded. This internationally diverse group of volunteers and interns
has included high school and college students, retirees, formerly homeless individuals and
professionals from many fields.
- Hearts & Minds' volunteers have worked more than 85,000 hours for the organization,
in addition to the 16,000 hours that its founder and president Bill Blackman has donated.
- As a result of all the time and goods donated to Hearts & Minds, the organization has
spent less than $217,000 to achieve the equivalent of over $2
million worth of
goods and services. That's more than $7 worth of work for every dollar it
Corporate and Tax Status
- Hearts & Minds is incorporated in New York State as a
non-partisan, non-sectarian, nonprofit, public-service organization.
- Hearts & Minds is an IRS 501(c)(3) tax
exempt organization authorized to accept
More Press Info
Top of Page | Home Page
| Site Guide
above have not been updated throughout the entire site. Our all-volunteer
organization is working on that, in addition to our other work. This web page and entire website ©
Copyright: 1997 - 2015 by Hearts and Minds Network,
http://www.heartsandminds.org/press/facts.htm - online 1997. Latest Hearts & Minds' website
statistics include through May 31, 2010, financial information through
end of Hearts & Minds’ fiscal year on April 30, 2010,
latest text changes
November 22, 2014
Hearts & Minds
Copyrights, Reprints & Important Notes